Account Handler - Personal Lines
Job title Account Handler: – Personal Lines
Reports to: Team Leader
Regulatory Regime SMCR: – Conduct Individual
- To provide a complete professional service to prospects, clients and account executives in respect of quotations, adjustments, renewals and claims for all classes of personal lines insurance.
- To provide the highest standards of customer care, service and client retention while working towards business growth and common business goals whilst maintaining regulatory compliance at all times.
- Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Liaising with clients directly in the broking, processing and daily administration of new business, mid-term alterations and renewals .
- Working with business strategy and support the development plans for retention and growth of income.
- Provide complete professional insurance advice and service to existing clients
- Negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for client at the best price
- Ensure clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations
- Arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases through negotiating with insurers.
- Develop and maintain networks/formal channels within and outside the Company to gain information and develop own breadth of awareness and understanding
- Ensuring the adherence to New Business and Renewal timeline procedure
- Work closely with Account Executive on new business cases and renewals
- Ensure the highest standards of customer care, service and client retention
- Provide less experienced staff with support (i.e. technical and underwriting expertise) as and when required
- Liaise with Claims Department to gather information on clients claim history and impact this will have on future business
- Raise debits and credits in an accurate and timely manner and liaise with accounts when necessary
- Create and update both computer and paper-based records
- Carry out periodical reviews on systems and processes currently in place within own areas of responsibility to improve efficiency going forward
- Keep abreast of and assess the impact of external (such as legal and regulatory) changes as they relate to the role
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as the Board may request from time to time
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
Key knowledge and skill requirements
Knowledge and Skills
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of computerised insurance systems
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths. This may be waived in lieu of extensive related experience.
- Preferably experience in Open GI system, although training will be provided
- Professional qualification – CII or working towards professional qualifications (desirable)
- Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Strong trading skills
- Strong organisational skills
Knowledge & Ability
- knowledge of terms and conditions of policies offered, including ancillary risks covered by such policies
- knowledge of applicable laws governing the distribution of insurance products, such as consumer protection law, relevant tax law and relevant social and labour law
- knowledge of claims handling
- knowledge of complaints handling
- knowledge of assessing customer needs
- knowledge of the insurance market
- knowledge of business ethics standards
- necessary financial competence
- preferably at least 2 years Personal Lines insurance experience